Soybean Wax Candle-Making Tutorial from Saltwater Happy
Create exquisite soy candles with this professional candle-making process:
- Measure 3-4 cups of high-quality soybean wax and place it in your designated melting dipper.
- Set the burner to a low heat level, preferably between 2-4, ensuring a gentle melting process. Avoid overheating the wax to prevent degradation.
- Prior to melting the wax, arrange your work area and prepare containers for the candles. Align glass cups systematically for easy access, and have additional bowls and stir sticks on hand.
- Once the wax has melted, carefully transfer it into a pouring bowl, maintaining a meticulous and controlled pour.
- Introduce color and fragrance to the melted wax and pour it into the candle cups, filling them halfway.
- Optionally, before pouring, secure wicks in place with glue dots. Alternatively, place the wicks in the poured wax approximately 10 minutes afterward.
- Allow the wax to firm and set, ensuring a stable foundation for the subsequent steps.
- Create decorative strawberry-shaped candles by mixing ½ cup of soybean wax with a red Lab color. Add a squirt of fragrance oil and pour the mixture into strawberry molds. Allow ample time for the wax to harden before removing the strawberry-shaped candles.
- While waiting for the strawberries to firm up, prepare candle crumbs by melting another ½ cup of soybean wax. Incorporate a squirt of fragrance and add approximately 5 spoonfuls of sugar to the mixture. Pour the wax into a flat mold, such as a baking pan, and allow it to harden. Once solidified, crumble the wax into tiny crumbs and lightly sprinkle sugar over the top.
- To enhance the aesthetic appeal of the candles, use a heat gun to melt the top of the candle cups. Sprinkle the wax crumbs onto the surface and gently press in the strawberry-shaped candles. The components will adhere seamlessly.
- Trim the candle wick to the desired length for optimal burning.
- Light your professionally crafted candle and relish the ambiance it creates.