Pineapple Calendula Glycerin Handmade Soap is one of those soaps I never thought would go over well. I made it for fun and was so happy that I did. I wasn’t sure what scent I would use with the calendula flowers but as I sat back with my pen and paper like I always do writing down recipes and ideas, I decided it had to be pineapple.
We love our pineapple here. I think it has to do with Pineapple Crush pop. The crisp smell when you pop the top and the refreshing liquid as you take your first sip. Yum! Have you ever tried Pineapple Crush pop? I highly recommend it.
To make your own Pineapple Calendula Glycerin Handmade Soap here are the ingredients and a quick tutorial:
1 pound of soap base
3 tablespoons coconut butter
3 tablespoons shea butter
3 tablespoons sweet almond oil
2 cc’s Pineapple Fragrance oil
Dried Calendula Flowers
1. Melt your soap base on 4 on your stove in a double boiler. Do not heat too quickly.
2. Once the soap base has melted you can remove it from the burner and add the extra ingredients.
3. Add the coconut butter, shea butter and sweet almond oil.
4. Give everything a stir to make sure it is well mixed.
5. Add your fragrance oil. I always add my fragrance oil last. Give it a good and final stir.
6. Pour the soap into your mold. I much prefer a silicone mold.
7. Sprinkle your Calendula flowers on top.
8. Allow to firm which usually takes an hour or two.
9. Remove from the mold and slice.
10. Allow your soap to breath for a few hours once sliced. I sometimes leave it over night.
11. Wrap your soap to sell or use.